Membership is open to individuals and organizations having an interest in the development, understanding, teaching, and application of the principles and theories of finance and economics as they relate to Africa and who pay the required annual dues. Individuals and organizations that may have interests in African development but are not working in the areas finance and economics are free to apply for membership and shall become members upon payment of the required annual dues. Membership applications shall be submitted to the Secretary-Treasurer for approval based on criteria set forth by the General Assembly of the Association.
Membership allows individuals to:
- Receive copies of the Journal of African Development (published twice a year)
- Participate as presenters and discussants at the annual meeting held at the ASSA meetings.
- Participate in the occasional conferences held by the association.
- Full voting rights
- Access to the directory of AFEA members who have agreed to have their names published.
- Sustainer Member: $100.00
- Member - High Income Country: $60.00
- Member - Low Income Country: $25.00
- Student Member - High Income Country: $25.00
- Student Member - Low Income Country: $10.00
- Listerv - Free
Library Subscriptions are $100 per year and can be paid under sustainer member on the becoming a member page.